With fun, hands on art projects, we will work together to complete the necessary requirements as outlined by the Girl and Boy Scout handbooks. I am happy to travel to your location.
Cost per scout is $5.00 and all art supplies are included! Minimum trip charge is $25.00.
All workshops are approximately 90 minutes in length. Call today to schedule your visit.
Girl Scout Workshops for Brownies, Juniors, Cadettes and Seniors:
Brownie – Artist
Artists take what they see and make it beautiful. Learn to paint and color your world in super strokes. We will…
- Get inspired
- Paint the real world
- Paint a mood
- Paint without brushes
- Paint a mural
Junior – Artist
When you pick up your pencil, anything could leap from your mind onto a sheet of paper. That’s what makes drawing so fun. In this badge, you’ll find techniques to make your drawings even better—which will make it more fun to see what your imagination can do. We will…
- Experiment with different materials
- Learn how to add shading
- Get some perspective
- Use your imagination like a graphic artist
- Make your masterpiece — and show it off!
Comic Artist Badge
Cadette – Artist
Newspaper cartoons, comic books, graphic novels…comic art is a broad, exciting, and growing field exciting, and growing field. Comics are sometimes described as “sequential art,” though some are only one panel. So what is a comic, exactly? It’s a visual story told however you would like to tell it. Go for it! We will…
- Delve into the world of comics
- Choose a story to tell
- Draw it out
- Frame it in four panels
- Add the words
Collage Artist Badge
Senior – Artist
No matter what you do with your collage, there won’t be another just like it in the world. Everything—from the materials you choose to how it’s assembled—is up to you. Get ready to see the creative possibility in everyday objects: This badge is an opportunity to make art as unique as you are. We will…
- Explore collage
- Focus on composition
- Create with color
- Use found objects
- Share a message
Boy Scout Merit Badge
The Boy Scout merit badge concentrates on two-dimensional art, specifically drawing and painting in various media, including an introduction to design applications in the fields of graphic arts and industrial design, history and design principles, and how these fields relate to fine art. ArtZ is happy to help with requirements number 1-5. Please contact us for specific details.
- Discuss the following with your counselor:
- What art is and what some of the different forms of art are
- The importance of art to humankind
- What art means to you and how art can make you feel
- Discuss with your counselor the following terms and elements of art: line, value, shape, form, space, color, and texture. Show examples of each element.
- Discuss with your counselor the six principles of design: rhythm, balance, proportion, variety, emphasis, and unity.
- Render a subject of your choice in FOUR of these ways:
- Pen and ink
- Oil paints
- Computer drawing or painting
- Do ONE of the following:
- Design something useful. Make a sketch or model of your design. With your counselor’s approval, create a promotional piece for the item using a picture or pictures.
- Tell a story with a picture or pictures or using a 3-D rendering.
- Design a logo. Share your design with your counselor and explain the significance of your logo. Then, with your parent’s permission and your counselor’s approval, put your logo on Scout equipment, furniture, ceramics, or fabric.